- Max Term 12 Month part time role working 4 days per week in Narrandera
- Provide practical support including advice and parental development activities
- Engage with families to improve the safety and wellbeing of their children
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Brighter Futures delivers tailored support services to help to build strong, well-functioning families, where children can live safely and have improved wellbeing outcomes. The service provides support to parents – helping them to implement strategies and develop the necessary skills, capacity and resources to increase the safety of their children at home.
Our team in Narrandera currently has a part time opportunity for a Case Manager to join us, working four days per week. Your passion to make a difference along with your superior experience in supporting families with high and complex needs will make you a welcome addition to this friendly and collaborative team. The role will promote sustainable change in family circumstances and functioning, resulting in improved wellbeing for parents and children.
Duties will include:
- Engaging with families and collaborating with them to develop effective plans for long-term positive outcomes
- Undertaking case management including reviews, reporting and administration functions
- Providing advice, practical assistance and connections within the community to support case plans
- Assisting parents in sustainable, long-term improvements to the safety and wellbeing of their families
Requirements for Success
With an already established career in the child, youth and family sector you will be passionate about supporting families to strengthen the care of protection of their children. The skills and capabilities you bring include:
- A background of working within the child protection field, including knowledge of child development and parental capacity
- Exceptional crisis management skills with the ability to quickly and effectively assess risk and safety
- Case management from a strengths-based, trauma-informed and family-focused framework
- Provision of long term plans and strategies, including coordination of supports, activities and resources to develop parenting skills
- Ability to engage, establish rapport and work respectfully families from different backgrounds, with different needs
- Solid knowledge of the local area, community groups, services and referral pathways
- Strong administration skills – reporting, case notes and general documentation
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and influencing ability – able to relate to children, parents and other service providers
- Great time management, prioritisation and ability to work to administration deadlines while balancing your case load
- Dedication to work within professional boundaries, integrity and ethical standards
You will need to hold a degree in Early Childhood, Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology or a similar field (or equivalent practical experience); a current WWCC and New South Wales Driver Licence.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a National Police History Check, Qualifications and Referee Checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
With the support of an engaged and approachable manager, this small team are friendly and easygoing. They enjoy regular supervision meetings and role responsibility. Self-care and work/life balance are promoted and encouraged, and an “open-door policy” is heavily advocated for.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description CSW L3 Case Manager Brighter Futures PD .pdf For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight Wednesday 28 May 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.