- Full time contract till June 2021 | 38 hours per week
- Location: Walgett NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 yearsEvery day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Brighter Futures Program provides targeted support to vulnerable children and families from 0 - 8 to prevent their issues from escalating. We currently have a vacancy for a skilled Case Worker to join our dynamic and motivated team.
A component of your role will be providing home visits which also includes travelling between sites.
Your key responsibilities will to:
- Provide intensive case management to families with children between the ages of 0 – 8 years. Work with families in a strengths-based approach in order to prevent and reduce child abuse and neglect in participating families.
- Provide families with support that is focused on parental vulnerability, specifically the impact of domestic violence, mental health issues, drug or alcohol misuse, parent/s’ learning difficulty or intellectual disability and/or a lack of parenting skills or inadequate supervision.
- Parents are supported to implement strategies and develop the necessary skills and resources to increase the safety of their children at home.
- Deliver sessional, group based and issues focussed parenting programs to enhance parents’ competence by building their knowledge, parenting skills and confidence.
- Provide one-to-one structured and sustained support and skill development to parents in the home environment through the delivery of home visiting programs.
Requirements for Success
- Knowledge of case management and supporting clients in learning living skills and / or parenting programs
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing vulnerable families and their children
- Current NSW Driver’s License
- Computer literate
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via Email or Phone - with Tanya Molloy – 0475 948 630, email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via BF SW L3 July 2019 (1).docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Wednesday 11 August 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.