- 38 hours per week or part time negotiable, (Max Term Contract until July 2021)
- Working Week is Wednesday to Sunday, Afternoon/Evening Shift
- Location: Elizabeth, with responsibility for the Playford Region
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
This quality program works across Adelaide supporting participants aged 10 to 24 years old that have concerns with AOD themselves or in their households. The program runs Wednesday to Sunday each week and daily it is an afternoon into the evening shift.. Each year this program supports people with a pathway out of AOD addiction with extensive case management supporting all aspects of their lives.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Case management of participants within the region to work towards SMART goals
- Conducting counselling sessions with participants and their families
- Engaging participants in the community, connecting and referring them to services.
- Providing outreach to clients and induction process into the service
- Prepare and complete internal and external reports and case files
- Contributing to team development and other administration duties.
Requirements for Success
- Ideally qualifications in Youth Work, Nursing, Psychology, Cert IV in AOD or a similar discipline or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in AOD.
- Strong skills in case management and the ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Well-developed communication skills both written and verbal
- Strongly developed communication skills and the ability to analyse and extract data
- Strong computer skills
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted childcare rates with participating centres
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, please click here to view the Position Description.
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close 11:55 PM Sunday 31 May 2020. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.