- Permanent full time | 38 hours per week
- Located in Albury | Family Services
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Child, Youth & Family Service offers support to families and individuals that are disadvantaged. The program offers advice, support and referrals, case management, practical/skill development groups and parenting groups. It offers short term case management (3 months) but can also move in to intensive support (12 months) if needed.
You will provide case management to the clients by using a holistic and person-centred approach.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Undertake initial referrals and assessments for families and young people
- Provide ongoing evidence-informed case management sessions that are person-centred
- Work with families and young people to create case plans utilising SMART goals
- Create and update individualised case management files for all clients
- Ensure the completion of all required reports relating to clients and the program
- Contribute to the effective functioning and development of the service
- Deliver parenting and skills based programs which support the practical needs of the clients
Requirements for Success
- University Degree holder or a relevant Associate Diploma or certificate with relevant experience or other appropriate qualification/experience
- Experience in supporting families and youth
- Experience in providing evidence-informed case management sessions that are person-centred
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via CSW L3 Case Manager Child, Youth and Family Service (3).docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 1 March 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.