- Part time contract and casual roles available in Cairns
- Provide administration support for our LAC program
- Support our team to develop community engagement initiatives
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) works to support people with disabilities to participate in and contribute to social and economic life, as well as provide certainty that people with disability will receive the support they need throughout their lives.
The NDIS provides a number of ways to assist people with disability to exercise choice, including taking reasonable risks in the pursuit of their goals and the planning and delivery of their supports. One of the ways this is done is through Local Area Coordination (LAC). The LAC role exists as the main point of contact for participants accessing NDIS and supports them to build stronger networks in their local communities.
We have a part time role in our Spence St site providing reception and general administrative support to our LACE team, working every Friday on a 12-month contract. The role will be the first point of contact for clients and visitors and fulfil administrative functions within the service, to ensure it runs effectively and efficiently.
Duties will include:
- Providing great customer service via telephone, email and face to face
- Completion of administrative functions to a high standard, in a timely manner
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
We also require casual team members to assist with Community Engagement in the local region to be involved in setting up and packing down of community meetings and events; engaging members of community groups and completing ad-hoc duties as required.
We strongly encourage people living with a disability to apply for all positions.
Requirements for Success
With a passion to supporting positive life changes for those currently living with and experiencing disability, you will have a “can do” attitude and open, friendly personality. Other capabilities will include:
- Ability to create a warm and welcoming environment with a genuine focus on customer service
- Attention to detail – taking accurate messages and transferring calls to the correct recipient
- Good general administration background including mail distribution, filing and copying
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to establish and build rapport with a range of people
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel; an understanding of the internet and ability to navigate using search functions would be beneficial
Before starting work with us, you will be required to undertake a National Police History Check, NDIS and Referee Checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
Our team who work across the North Queensland region are friendly, fun and focused. We work collaboratively to achieve goals and best outcomes for our clients – supporting each other and enjoying the support of our manager. We are easy-going, enthusiastic and committed to what we do.
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description Community Engagement Assistant - LAC.pdf For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
For further information, please contact Sarah Brown on 0427 767 482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 12.00am on Sunday 1st March 2020 and shortlisting will commence soon after.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.