- Drive awareness and fundraising through compelling content
- Full-time permanent position based in the heart of Sydney CBD
- Not for profit opportunity with attractive salary packaging benefits
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
We are a dynamic team passionate about engaging the supporters Mission Australia needs to help disadvantaged Australians have a brighter future.
As our experienced and dedicated Content Manager, you will develop compelling content that builds brand awareness and deepens the relationship with our supporters to achieve fundraising targets.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Plan fundraising and marketing content:
- Gather and analyse fundraising and marketing content-related insights
- Contribute to content planning in conjunction with stakeholders
- Develop fundraising and marketing content:
- Liaise closely with front-line service staff to source compelling stories that drive donations and demonstrate the impact our supporters are making
- Collaborate with in-house designers to develop creative concepts and communications that inform, involve, and engage target audiences and deliver to content strategies/briefs
- Work with stakeholders to re-purpose relevant content across multiple audiences, including corporate partners, individual supporters, schools and churches
- Maintain systems and processes that facilitate a consistent brand tone of voice
- Support marketing communications needs of Mission Australia services
- Provide communications advice and mentoring to stakeholders in marketing, fundraising and sector engagement functional areas as required
Requirements for Success
- Extensive experience developing content plans and copywriting with fundraising experience highly desirable
- Degree qualification in journalism, communications or marketing
- Strong knowledge of marketing and communications concepts and trends
- Excellent copywriting, editing and content creation ability – a natural story-teller, combining words and imagery that leave a lasting impression and motivate action
- Experience producing biblically sound content that engages Christians and churches will be seen as a benefit
- Strong relationship management skills and the skills to inspire, influence and work collaboratively with range of stakeholders including the CEO and Executives
- The talents to create content that is appropriate for target audiences and channels while reflecting the brand’s personality and tone of voice
- The confidence and ability to leverage the creative tension between copy and design to create truly compelling content
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click apply and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via PD - Content Manager.pdf or if you have any questions about the position, please contact Phil Chapman (Senior Manager, Communications) via 0467 784 221.
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a national criminal history check and working with children check.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 1 March 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.