- Full Time Max-term to 30 June 2021
- Location: Meekatharra, WA
- Non-For-Profit Salary Packaging and Remote Allowance Benefits
- Great opportunity to work remote and make a difference for people in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Mission Australia is seeking an experienced Mental Health professional to join the team as a Service Coordinator in Meekatharra on a full-time basis until June 30 2021.
As the Mental Health Service Coordinator, you will provide outreach and ongoing support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait adults living with mental ill health in Meekatharra, Cue and Mount Magnet.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Receive referrals from external and internal service providers, families and individuals to support people living with mental ill health
- Undertake risk assessments, intake and social and emotional wellbeing assessments (K10 and K5)
- Adopt a Recovery Orientated Practice Framework to promote individual choice and self-determination, including person-centered mental health recovery plans
- Provide information, advocacy and referrals to specialist and general mental health and other services (both local and visiting)
- Deliver culturally appropriate mental health education in community events
- Build strong networks and positive relationships with local families, communities and stakeholders groups
- Participate in intake and clinical meetings, individual counselling and group work
- Collect and report data accurately and in a timely manner
The successful applicant will be working in a team environment and be supported by the Programs Manager in Meekatharra. Mission Australia has a team of ten people in community and provides a number of services specific to family violence, family support and child safety, mental health, public tenancy, school attendance, grandparents raising grandchildren and emergency relief.
Requirements for Success
Successful candidates will have tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, mental health and/or other relevant field and demonstrated experience in the following:
- Working with people who live with mental ill health and their families
- Management and coordination of health specific services
- Working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in remote locations
- Developing and implementing mental health community development programs in consultation with community members and service providers
- High quality data collection and analysis as well as informal and formal reporting
- Understanding of the effects of inter-generational trauma and its effect on individuals
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 9225 0453.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to click here to view the position description. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close 11:55 PM, Wednesday 26 February 2020. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.