- Full Time contract until June 2021 | 38 hours per week
- Located in Northern Sydney NSW | Mental Health Support Program
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combating homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
This program supports people with complex mental illness, who require non-clinical support and have been assessed as ineligible for the Nation Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
You will provide assistance to clients in the provision of welfare support services and supporting more junior community service workers to do the same. You will be passionate about positively influencing clients in their mental health recovery journey.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Work with clients in a centre based and outreach capacity
- Facilitate group sessions and workshops
- Work with clients to create individualized support plans including referral to supplementary services as needed
- Provide intensive ongoing case management sessions with clients and review progression against case plans and provide support coordination as required
Requirements for Success
- You will possess complex mental health experience
- A Degree or Diploma in Social Welfare/Social Science or substantial relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience in working within a Recovery framework
- One on one counselling and group facilitation
- Outreach and centre based work with clients
- Drives Licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Case Worker.docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, 6th March. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.