- Full Time contract until June 2021 | 38 hours per week
- Located in Northern Sydney NSW | Mental Health Support Program
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
You will be generally responsible for managing a small team of up to 8 employees to deliver high quality and contractually compliant services to clients in the local community. You will be responsible for ensuring the effective and regular provision of line management or administrative supervision, practice and clinical supervision of service delivery staff within Mission Australia.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the team in the delivery of program requirements to clients
- Responsible for the co-ordination of delivery of the service commitments in order to achieve the required client outcomes, operate in a compliant manner, operate within the funding guidelines, Quality frameworks and Mission Australia policy and procedures
- Influence the operational activities by contributing to the on-going development and improvement of the service through involvement in strategy and continuous improvement initiatives
- Influence the operational procedures by developing work practices and procedures, methodology, plan and provide advice on policy matters.
Requirements for Success
- Substantial experience in leading and managing teams
- Relevant degree with experience or associate diploma with substantial experience
- Strong experience in Community services within a complex mental health environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Previous experience in budget and financial management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in community and social outcomes
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Program Manager, Level 1.pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, 6th March 2020. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.