- Full Time, 12 month Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Campbelltown
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Located in Campbelltown, Mission Australia's Disability Employment Services – Disability Management Services (DMS) helps people with disability, injury or a health condition to find a job, and then we continue this support while they transition to ongoing employment.
You will meet directly with job seekers with a disability and assist them to gain sustainable employment through helping them overcome their vocational and non-vocational barriers to employment.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Conduct in person job seeker assessments to determine their barriers to employment
- Monitor the flow of job seekers to ensure the accurate classification and support is provided
- Develop and record individualised Employment Plans for eligible job seekers
- Undertake meetings with job seekers to determine and agree an appropriate action plan
- Refer job seekers to suitable vocational and non-vocational programs
- Undertake reviews in order to track job seekers progress against Employment Plans
- Develop relationships with training providers to deliver positive outcomes for job seekers
- Provide encouragement, motivation and advice to job seekers on all elements of the job search process, including resume and interview preparation, and Centrelink compliance
- Undertake a range of job seeker marketing and promotion activities to introduce them to employers including cold calling, direct marketing introduction and interview support
Requirements for Success
- Experience in Disability Employment Services, Job Services Australia or case management
- Experience in working with vulnerable people/ and or people with disabilities
- Tertiary qualifications in disability, health, human resources or related field is preferable
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office packages and other
- A current NSW Driver’s License
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Employment Adviser - PD.pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, 2nd March. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.