- Full Time; Max Term to June 2020
- Location: Devonport, TAS
- Make a difference for children in need in Australia
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
We are seeking an allied health professional to join our team in Devonport on a full time basis on a max term contract until June 30, 2020.
In this role you will work alongside children (0-6 years) with a disability or developmental delay and their family/carers to undertake assessments and develop and implement interventions that build on the strengths of the child and their families to improve the child's trajectory and overall quality of life.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting assessments including developmental screening required by the NDIS.
- Plan and implement supports to families using a multi-disciplinary approach including short term and group based therapy programs.
- Review and approve short term early intervention plans developed by ECEI Coordinators.
- Assist children, families, carers and community with information to further understand what the NDIS is and how it applies to them.
- Build capacity of children, families and carers to identify and pursue their goals, strengths and needs, and plan for their future.
To be successful in this role you will need to possess:
- Degree qualifications in Occupational Therapy/Speech Pathology/Physiotherapy/Psychology.
- Registered, or eligible for registration, in accordance with the relevant professional association.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Disability, Child, Youth and Family Services sector
- Experience working in Early Childhood and/or the Disability Sector.
- Experience working with ATSI and CALD communities.
- Experience in paediatric health is desirable, knowledge of community networks, formal and informal supports, and early childhood providers in the region.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to click here to view the Position Description. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close 11:55 PM, 2 March 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.