- Full time max term contract until 30 June 2020
- Location: Dubbo
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
As a Youth on Track Senior Case Manager you will work with NSW Police, local schools, community groups, and other stakeholders to deliver intensive case management support and services to young people and their families to address criminogenic risks.
- Undertake case management tasks with young people and/or their families who are at risk of involvement in the criminal justice system.
- Respond to referrals from the Youth Justice and Education NSW.
- Develop comprehensive case plans with the young person and their family focusing on addressing the young personï¿½s individual criminogenic issues as identified through the YLS/CMI-AA assessment and to increase pro- social behaviour.
- Deliver a range of evidence based interventions.
Qualification and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Cert IV or higher) in respective fields i.e. Youth Work, Mental Health, Justice, Counselling, Case Management, Drug and Alcohol, Social Work, Psychology, Criminology
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice criminogenic interventions related to behavioural and rehabilitation supports, the impact of substance use and knowledge of mental health issues
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, team building and advocacy/negotiation
- Strong personal initiative, excellence in workload and time management skills
- Ability to coordinate, facilitate and participate in group and one-on-one sessions
- Current NSW Driverï¿½s Licence
- Ability to travel between locations and provide outreach support to clients
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to contact Jye Ryan on 0490 075 843 or RyanJye@missionaustralia.com.au. View the Position Description via PD - YoT Senior Case Manager L4 July 2019.pdf . For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, 1March 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.