- Permanent part time | 24 hours per week (Monday-Thursday)
- Located in Surry Hills | Charles Chambers Court facility
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Charles Chambers Court is an accredited residential aged care facility for 60 men and women who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, or who have experienced financial or social disadvantage.
You will have a passion for teaching and leading best practice in aged care. You will play a critical role in implementing and maintaining the quality and education framework for all staff across the facility in accordance with the Aged Care Standards.
Reporting to the Director of Care, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Implement and maintain an education programs in accordance with Aged Care Standards
- Meet all compliance for accreditation across the four standards for education
- Conduct regular workplace assessments to ensure service quality
- Identify training requirements and providing training when necessary
- Maintain knowledge of relevant regulations and legislation
- Provide ongoing education to staff on WHS and quality issues
- Collate and analyse data sourced through audits and surveys
Requirements for Success
- Current registration with NSW Nurses Registration Board
- Ability to stay up-to-date with legislative and industry changes
- Proven experience in delivering education programs and assessments
- Experience as a Registered Nurse in the Aged Care industry
- Possess a Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment or a willing to undertake this course
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Position Description for Nurse Educator (2).doc. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Thursday 27 February 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.