• Full-Time Max-Term Contract to 30 June 2021
• Flexible office base in Morley or Midland.
• NFP Salary Packaging benefits
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Our Community Engagement Facilitators are involved in engagement and awareness raising activities, with a strong focus on improving access and inclusion realities for people living with disability. Building on existing community strengths and developing solutions to strengthen local communities is also a key priority.
Key performance areas include:
- Networking and building positive relationships with community groups and local service providers
- Community Mapping to identify key community groups, service providers and sectors for targeted community engagement and capacity building
- Building connections with the community which extend community, economic and social opportunities for people living with and experiencing disability
- Implementing relevant capacity building and engagement activities and monitoring and reporting outcomes
Requirements for Success
For consideration in the role of Community Engagement Facilitator, you will possess:
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience working in the human services sector
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Local and regional knowledge of the Perth metropolitan area
- Demonstrated experience in relationship management, workflow management and project management
- Experience in the community services sector
- Experience in community service sector partnerships, engagement and networking
- Experience in engaging with and mobilising communities
- Lived experience of disability encouraged
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 9225 0453.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to click here to view the Position Description. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close 11:55 PM, Tuesday 25 February 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.