- Permanent full time | 38 hours per week
- Located in Dubbo (Central West NSW)
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Mission Australia is seeking experienced Case Work staff with current opportunities across our Youth Services portfolio including the Homeless Youth Assistance Program, Juvenile Justice Joint Support Program and the Happy Healthy Minds program. These are full time positions supporting young people in Dubbo and surrounding communities.
Depending on program, the successful applicant will maintain a caseload of clients and be responsible for intake and assessment as well as the development and implementation of person-centred case plans. Within the case work roles you will be required to provide both individual case management support as well as the delivery of group based activities and evidence based interventions.
Within the abovementioned programs, Mission Australia provides support to young people at risk of homelessness, experiencing or at risk of mental health issues as well as young people who are in contact with the criminal justice system and successful applicants will have a good understanding of the challenges facing young people within our communities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responding to referrals from stakeholders and completing initial suitability screening and intake with young people
- Working with clients to create individualised case plans and coordinating referrals to supplementary services as needed
- Providing ongoing case management to clients to achieve identified goals
- Delivery of individual or family based programs
- Supporting the accommodation needs of clients who enter the service, including the use of the no wrong door referral and advocacy
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary Qualification and / or relevant experience in the human services industry
- Case Management Experience to address and reduce the risk or impact of mental illness
- Experience working with families to deliver a broad range of early intervention services
- Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Current NSW Driver’s License
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch with Rachel Bates - 0490 889 370.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’.For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via PD - support worker.pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Wednesday 26 February 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.