Intensive Family Support Worker
Job no: 987707
Work type: Max Term (Full Time)
Categories: Community Services, Education, Health Services - Psychologists & Counselling, Warehouse & Trades, Retail & Hospitality
- Full Time (Max-Term Until June 2022)
- Geraldton, WA
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
We are seeking the services of an experienced Intensive Family Support Worker to join our team in the Geraldton Office.
Your role will be to facilitate effective sustainable change in families experiencing multiple and complex needs in order to reduce immediate risk to child safety and wellbeing, to minimise or prevent children entering or re-entering the statutory child protection system and support families during reunification.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals from the Department of Communities
- Actively work with families to create individualised support plans including referrals to supplementary services
- Assist individuals and families to transition from intensive family support into independence or other services
- Facilitate and develop relationships with services that work with and support children and families in collaboration with the Department
- Ensure the safety of children is foremost in all case planning, actions and thinking
Requirements for Success
- Qualification in social work, social science or human services is desirable but not essential or relative work experience
- Experience working with families with complex issues and needs
- Ability to create individualised case plans and undertake collaborative problem solving with families and other services
- Excellent communications skills (written & verbal) and the ability to adapt your method of communication to the client
- Experience and knowledge of Aboriginal cultural systems and protocols
- Valid Driver’s License
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description here: Intensive Family Support Worker IFSS - PD.pdf For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.