- Max Term Full Time contract till 30 June 2022
- Location: Hindmarsh | with outreach in the local area
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Wellness Connect program is predominantly group-based, focus on building individual capacity and support to consumers with severe and persistent mental health concerns.Services will be delivered in partnership with families and carers (as appropriate) and will provide a range of non-clinical community-based support to achieve recovery goals.
You will provide a client-led recovery‐oriented, trauma‐informed, strengths‐based intervention mental health support model primarily through the delivery of group wellbeing programs.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Conduct group facilitation and co-facilitation sessions/activities for clients of the service
- Support clients to adjust from one of one support to a group support environment
- Plan and deliver psychosocial programs to people who are eligible for the program
- Participate in the planning, delivery and evaluation of group supports
- Consult consumers to identify their interests and goals and use creativity to meet needs
- Work closely with external stakeholders to allow clients for community engagement
- Collect and maintain client information and data accurately
Requirements for Success
- Mental Health Qualification, or equivalent Human Services or Community Services qualification of Certificate IV level or above, or complete it within one year from start date
- Professional approach to the role including maintaining professional boundaries
- A passion for working with individuals experiencing severe and persistent mental health challenges
- Ability to conduct group facilitation sessions/activities (flexibility to bring your suggestions)
- Ability to provide therapeutic interventions and manage a caseload of complex client
- Current drivers licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’, send your cover letter, and resume today. To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Community Rehab Support Worker - Wellness Connect - Oct 2020.pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close at midnight on 28-Jul-2021. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.