- Permanent part time | 22.75 hours Friday and Saturday 7am to 2pm
- Location: Robertson NSW | Triple Care Farm
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Triple Care Farm provides a 10 bed residential drug and alcohol withdrawal program, for young people aged between 16-24 years. This program is maximum of 28 days and integrates medical support with a psychosocial rehabilitation and brief treatment program. This program also includes six months aftercare support upon program completion.
In this role, you will support the young people in their detox by providing a clean and safe space, guidance on healthy living habits and preparing meals.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide a clean, safe and supportive environment for young people
- Prepare food that has been stored correctly and is hygienic
- Adapt to the changing needs of the young people within the withdrawal unit
- Quickly report any potential risks to a senior staff remember
- Operate in line with Mission Australia policies and practices
Requirements for Success
- Qualifications in hygiene, maintenance management and safe food handling and/or demonstrated experience in this area
- Experienced in preparing meals and maintaining a clean space
- A passion for working with young people on their journey of detoxing
- Capacity for flexibility and self-direction in organising and managing workloads
- A current NSW drivers licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Housekeeping - Non People Leader PD 2019 (3).docx For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Thursday 26 November 2020
Please note candidate referrals from recruitment agencies will not be considered for this opportunity. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.