Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
We have a unique senior leadership opportunity to lead Regional NSW community services being delivered by 350 staff across multiple sites. Our team delivers a variety of crucial programs across Regional NSW including strengthening communities, family support as well as support with Mental Health, AOD, Youth Justice, Domestic Violence and Homelessness.
This position can be located in Sydney or one of our Regional NSW offices with travel required to other locations.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the development of the NSW Business Plan, and translation of Mission Australia’s strategy to operations within Regional NSW
- Drive operational excellence and compliance, workforce planning and business development for Mission Australia’s Regional NSW community services.
- Lead the Regional NSW community services team in meeting funding contract commitments and the compliance and quality of funded services within Regional NSW. Work closely with the Practice Leadership and Quality team to drive quality and continuous improvement.
- Manage contract negotiation where applicable for Regional NSW and ensure contract commitments made are achievable within resources available and timeframes.
- Lead resource planning and management within Mission Australia Regional NSW community services.
- Team leadership including responsibility for effective people management of regional staff, and the development and coaching of direct reports.
- Build and maintain external relationships within Regional NSW, including government, funder and corporate stakeholders.
- Manage risk and ensure compliance of services delivered.
Requirements for Success
- Significant experience in leading human service operations at a senior level. (
- Experience in leading geographically dispersed teams delivering diverse range of services in multiple sites. Direct experience within a regional setting will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated track record in delivering quality service outcomes that meet community need with an innovative and client centred
- Demonstrated capability in effectively managing large budgets from multiple funding sources
- Ability to build effective stakeholder relationships, including community, not for profit, government and corporate stakeholders
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and experience, together with the ability to advocate and influence stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience in people management and professional development of others
- Demonstrated commitment to community and social outcomes and a personal alignment with the culture and values of Mission Australia
- Tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, mental health or related field, along with evidence to a commitment of own leadership development.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via PD - State Leader NSW Regional (1).docx For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 20th October. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.