- Make a difference for families in the community
- Location: Wagga Wagga - Brighter Futures Program
- Full-time, with excellent competitive salary and salary packaging benefits
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 155 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Brighter Futures Program delivers voluntary targeted intervention services to families with at least one child under the age of nine living at home. The program targets families who show risk factors that put their young children at high risk of escalating within the statutory child protection system. We currently have a vacancy for a skilled Case Worker to join our dynamic and motivated team.
A component of your role will be providing structured home visits and parenting programs. This is a program that makes a real difference in children’s and their families’ lives. If you have similar experience and a good understanding of child protection issues, mental health, domestic and family violence, alcohol and other drugs, join our passionate and supportive team.
Your key responsibilities:
- Provide intensive case management to families with children under 9 years. Work with families in a strengths-based approach in order to prevent and reduce child abuse and neglect in participating families.
- Provide families with support that is focused on parental vulnerability, specifically the impact of domestic violence, mental health issues, drug or alcohol misuse, parent/s’ learning difficulty or intellectual disability and/or a lack of parenting skills or inadequate supervision.
- Ensure parents are supported to implement strategies to increase the safety of their children.
- Deliver one-to-one focused parenting programs to enhance parents’ competence by building their knowledge, parenting skills and confidence.
- Provide one-to-one support and skill development to parents in the home environment.
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary Qualification and/or relevant experience in the human services industry
- Experience in case management and delivery of living skills/parenting programs
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing vulnerable families and their children including child protection issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence
- Senior First Aid Certificate
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Job Description - Case Manager Brighter Futures - PD.docx. For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Tuesday, 16th October 2019.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.