Community Engagement Support Worker -Katherine
Job no: 985514
Work type: Max Term (Part Time)
Categories: Community Services
- Part time contract until June 2020
- Location: Katherine – NT
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Community Engagement Support Worker role exists to support the Team Coordinator to undertake engagement and awareness activities in relation to the Suicide Prevention Program.
Reporting to the Team Coordinator, Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Build connections to the community that may be useful to build community opportunities
- Establish professional relationships and support the Team Coordinator
- Assist with implementation of activities
- Engage with community members, service users and other stakeholders
- Support the Team coordinator with daily tasks
Requirements for Success
- High level of verbal and interpersonal communication skills that permit the incumbent to
- actively engage with internal and external stakeholders to raise awareness of the Suicide
- Prevention Program and Mission Australia’s role in the Katherine Region
- Capacity to engage with local communities.
- Capacity to assist with setting up and packing up for community events including manual
- Handling of equipment and resources.
- Proven ability to using computers including MS Office suite
- Current NT Driver’s License
- Valid NT OCHRE Card
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’, send your cover letter, and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via PD - Community Engagement Support Worker SSP CSE L2.pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Wednesday 16 October 2019
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.