- Full time contract until June 2021 | 38 hours per week
- Location: Traralgon with travel required to other sites | ParentsNext
- Opportunity to help the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
ParentsNext is for parents who have a child under 6 years of age, have not had paid work in the last 6 months, and have been getting the Parenting Payment for the last 6 months. ParentsNext helps parents of young children to prepare to return to work or training once their youngest child goes to school.
You will be providing a high level of administrative support and assisting parents to set future education and employment goals helping them overcome their vocational and non-vocational barriers to employment.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Complete administration tasks accurately and on time, as per MA policies and procedures
- Maintain up to date knowledge of contracts, policies and procedures
- Collaborate with clients to perform goal setting and complete effective assessments
- Develop and record individualised pathway plans for every eligible participant
- Undertake reviews of plans and respond to any changing requirements
- Build relationships with training and specialist service providers
- Develop community networks to refer clients and assist with limiting client barriers through linkages to community services and supports
Requirements for Success
- Experience in working with vulnerable people.
- Experience in providing a high level of administration.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office packages and other operating systems.
- Flexibility to travel across the region as required.
- A current Driver’s Licence
- Tertiary qualifications in community services, employment services, career counselling, health, or related field is advantageous.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via PN Pathway Support Worker - PD (1).pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Thursday 17 October 2019.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.