- Permanent full time | 38 hours per week
- Located in Dubbo | Mac River Centre Residential Rehabilitation Program
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Mac River Centre Residential Rehabilitation Program provides inpatient residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation services to young people, aged between 13 and 18. Residential stay in the program is 3 months, followed by 3 months aftercare.
You will provide holistic case management support to clients currently participating in the residential rehabilitation program as well as assist clients to develop individual case plans and goals.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support clients in re-engaging with the community during aftercare
- Complete reporting and data input including discharge summaries and court documentation
- Build strong relationships especially with young people
- Liaise with numerous stakeholders including Youth Justice, the courts, solicitors
- Participate in networking with beneficial local contacts within the community
- Create individual case plans for clients including goal setting
- Provide education and guidance to clients on appropriate social and living skills
- Engage with clients with complex and challenging behaviours to create a case plan
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary qualifications and/or experience in case work
- Experience working with young and/or vulnerable people and working with clients with complex behaviours
- Understanding of the impacts of substance misuse and offending behaviour
- Ability to work rotating shifts including nights and weekends
- Senior First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch with Yvonne Warman via 0490 078 686 or WarmanYv@missionaustralia.com.au.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Mac River Case Worker L4 July 2019 (1).docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Tuesday 15 October 2019
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.