Job no: 985483
Work type: Permanent (Part Time)
Categories: Aged Care
- Permanent full time role
- Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
- Location: Benjamin Short Grove – Orange
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
In this role you will assist with preparing, storing and serving of food to care recipients as well as kitchen cleaning and hygiene. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare meals under the direction of the Head Chef and/or Cook, including late meals, take away meals and staff meals
- Assist in the preparation and service of food for care recipients and for functions, including special diets for individual residents
- Receive food deliveries and ensure prompt and correct storage
- Ensure food is stored within the correct temperature range
- Ensure adequate food stock and rotation of stored food
- Maintain kitchen in a safe and hygienic state
- Actively participate in the Continuous Quality Improvement of the service
Requirements for Success
- Qualifications/Certificate in Food Safety
- Experience in a food handling and preparation
- Experience in kitchen safety and hygiene practices
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check.
In addition, there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Position Description for Kitchen Hand.pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Thursday 17 October 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.