- Full Time, Fixed Term position until June 2020
- Location: Coonamble
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Competitive salary and salary packaging benefits
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
Mission Australia is committed to the safety and wellbeing of every vulnerable person who engages with our services including children and young people. We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
The Warrumbungle’s Homelessness & Housing Support Service supports young people, adult men and women, and families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, including those escaping domestic and family violence.
In this role you will support clients in the provision of welfare support, in particular the provision of services to face homelessness and other related issues. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Respond to referrals of clients to the service from internal and external support services and conduct formal assessments of suitability for support
- Undertake initial registrations for clients, including all necessary paperwork and application forms
- Induct clients into the service including the property, facilities, financials and regulations
- Early intervention and prevention through outreach to sustain existing tenancies identified at risk and those who are inappropriately accommodated
- Crisis support for clients experiencing domestic and/or family violence to remain in the family home or to be safely rehoused
- Post crisis support to help clients resolve any issues that caused their homelessness in order to prevent any future episodes
Requirements for Success
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Completed a Diploma (or higher) in Social Welfare
- Knowledge and experience working with client issues relating to homelessness including domestic violence, substance abuse, mental health etc
- Previous experience working effectively as part of a team
- Be computer literate in a windows environment
- Current NSW Driver’s License
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com. For further information, please contact Dylan Crawley – CrawleyD@missionaustralia.com.au or 0427 520 547.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description - SHS Support Worker - Coonamble - PD.docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Tuesday 24th September 2019.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.