- Permanent full time – 38 hours per week
- Located in Wagga Wagga – Out reach work
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Support clients and other staff in the provision of welfare support, in particular the provision of services to face youth homelessness and other related issues.
Reporting to the Program manager, Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals of clients to the service from internal and external support services
- Undertake initial Intake for clients, including all necessary paperwork and application forms
- Provide general wellbeing and safety supervision of clients within the service
- Complete a range of internal and external reports relating to clients
- Provide intensive ongoing case management sessions with clients
- Develop strong internal relationships with clients and other staff
- Monitor the housing facilities to ensure that all aspects of properties, supplies, financial and regulations are upheld
Requirements for Success
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in delivering intensive and holistic case management to young people and their families
- Demonstrated expertise working from a trauma informed care approach
- An understanding of Youth at risk and homelessness issues
- Demonstrated experience in working in partnership with young people and their families
- Current driver’s license
- High level Verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to network and develop effective working relationships at all levels in the community
- Senior First Aid Certificate
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check if you haven’t completed one in the last 12 months.
In addition, there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted childcare rates with participating centres
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via CW Level 3 New PD (002).doc. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Wednesday 25 September 2019.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.