- Full Time, Fixed Term position until 30 June 2020
- Location: Dubbo
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Competitive salary and salary packaging benefits
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
Mission Australia is committed to the safety and wellbeing of every vulnerable person who engages with our services including children and young people. We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
This is a critical role where you will oversee the delivery of individual and group-based interventions for clients throughout the Central NSW region. In addition, you will also provide specialist advice and support to other Mission Australia employees regarding behaviour management and monitor clinical effectiveness of the service.
Your typical weekly responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating group sessions with clients and/or parents/guardians
- Providing individual evidence-based therapeutic sessions with clients using clinical assessment tools
- Providing guidance to parents/guardians in relation to developmental concerns with Early Intervention clients
- Assessing clients upon referral and intake into the adolescent rehabilitation centre
- Liaising with community organisations in relation to effective support and information for clients
- Coordinating clinical support across multiple programs for clients
Requirements for Success
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or Allied Health relevant discipline and registration with relevant professional body
- Extensive experience in providing therapeutic services to clients
- Experience of individual and group counselling
- Demonstrated experience in delivering Quality Improvement Activities
- Experience in providing training and mentoring to other staff members
- A valid and current driver’s licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com. For further information please contact Harriet King – firstname.lastname@example.org / 0436 933 834.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description - Clinical Services Coordinator - PD.docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Thursday 19th September 2019.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.