- Full-time, fixed term until August 2020, 38 hours, 11am-7pm, Mon-Fri
- Location: Stuart Lodge, Alice Springs
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Competitive salary and salary packaging benefits
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
Mission Australia is committed to the safety and wellbeing of every vulnerable person who engages with our services including children and young people. We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
In this role, you will manage and complete a range of administrative tasks vital to the efficient running of the office, including supporting other employees to complete administration duties.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Complete a range of administrative tasks including reports, distributing and filing meeting minutes, handling guest’s mail, stationary order and stocktake, managing housing program administrative requirements, etc
- Coordinate of incoming and outgoing mail and distribution, staff roll call, checking staff timesheets have been submitted in required time frame and ensuring the efficient running of the office and site
- Managing accounts receivable and payable, processing invoices, banking, etc
- Managing the front office and reception area, including taking phone calls, making accommodation bookings, checking in house guests, managing payment transactions, responding to queries, managing site visitors
- Maintain a log of all site visitors
- Maintain the assets register
Requirements for Success
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Previous experience in administrative role, working in a fast-paced environment
- Competent in computer packages such as Office, including Word, Excel and Power-Point
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Time Management Skills
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description - Administration Assistant - Stuart Lodge - PD.pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Sunday, 22nd September 2019.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.