- Early Childhood Qualified Teacher
- Location: Rossmore South West Sydney – 21 hours per week
- 9 months fixed term contract – Wed, Thurs and Fri
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits available
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
Mission Australia is committed to the safety and wellbeing of every vulnerable person who engages with our services including children and young people. We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
We have an exciting new fixed term contract for 9 months working 3 days per week for an Early Childhood Qualified Teacher to join our team at our Rossmore Community Preschool. Working only during the school terms you will work as part of a team to provide quality early education and care for children whilst also providing holistic care for children and their families.
- Child Support – actively engage and develop a nurturing environment for all children
- Family Support - build strong relationships with parents to ensure open communication
- Program Support – contribute to play based learning and education program for children
- Team Support – pro-actively participate in all activities and communications with wider team
- Child Protection – identify, respond and document any child protection risks as required
Requirements for Success
- Proven experience as an Early Childhood Teacher ideally with experience working with children with additional needs
- Degree Qualified in Early Childhood
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated ability to remain vigilant in ensuring the care of all children is maintained
- Commitment to ensuring centre is compliant as per Health, Safety and Welfare requirements
- A genuine passion and drive in providing children with the best possible start in life
- A strong alignment to Mission Australia's purpose and values
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children in NSW.
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Above Award Rates
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Ongoing Support for training and professional development
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence asap.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.