- Part Time position 24 hours – rotating roster
- Located in Robertson, Southern Highlands, NSW
- Not for profit salary packaging and other benefits
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 155 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Located in Robertson, Triple Care Farm Withdrawal Unit is a youth specific drug and alcohol detox facility. This program assists young people aged 16-24 who are looking to turn their lives around. This is a 28-day program with ten monitored rooms, ensuite bathrooms and 24/7 active supervision. The focus is not only to help young people to withdraw from drug use, but also offer counselling and other support to increase the chances of long term results.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide holistic nursing care to young people who are either withdrawing from drugs and/or alcohol dependence in a safe and supported environment including the following assessments:
- Intervention planning and delivery;
- Symptom management;
- Delivery of evidenced-based group and individual therapeutic interventions;
- Assisting to facilitate post-detoxification/post-rehabilitation referrals.
- Medical Clinic and Medication Management
- Program Support
Requirements for Success
- Registered Nurse with current APHRA Registration (relevant tertiary qualifications)
- Experience and/or demonstrated understanding of working with young people with problematic alcohol and drug issues in a residential withdrawal setting and within the context of harm reduction (is highly desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in the AOD field (is desirable)
- Familiarity with and confidence in, working within a harm minimisation framework
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Current First Aid Certificate
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check.
In addition, there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply. For more information, feel free to view the Job Description via Registered Nurse - PD.pdf.
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Tuesday 24 September 2019.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.