AOD Case Manager
- Multiple Positions available in Darwin
- Full Time, Fixed Term positions until 30 June 2020
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Exciting opportunity to apply your specialised AOD Case management skills within Mission Australia’s Residential Rehabilitation Service. This 24-hour facility is open to clients in need of recovery and rehabilitation services from drug and alcohol problems.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide person-centred case management based upon client goals, needs and preferences.
- Develop string professional and supportive relationships, and make appropriate referrals when required.
- Complete case plans and reporting accurately and in a timely manner.
- Effectively report all incidents and risks, in line with MA policies and procedures.
Requirements for Success
- Minimum Certificate 4 in AOD, Qualifications in Social Work, Allied Health or Specialised AOD practices
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated work experience specially in the AOD sector
- Strong case management and/or counselling experience.
- Proven ability to build strong, professional client relationships and community networks.
- Demonstrated group work and group facilitation skills.
- Current First Aid certificate
- Drivers License
- Valid NT WWCC OCHER Card
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check if you haven’t completed one in the last 12 months.
In addition, there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted childcare rates with participating centres
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 8935 0900.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today. Your cover letter must address the essential criteria of the position to be considered.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via PD - AOD Case Manager Stringy Bark 29 08 17 (2).pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close AEST midnight, Sunday 20th October 2019.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence prior to the end date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.