- 24 month Max -term contract opportunity with full-time or part-time hours
- Implement a 2-year Reconciliation Action Plan for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people
- Competitive remuneration and additional not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
We are seeking a passionate and driven individual with extensive experience with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities to join us on a 24 month fixed-term contract on a full-time or part-time basis as our Reconciliation Action Plan Project Manager.
With a matrix reporting line to the CEO and a nominated Executive, you will be instrumental in the facilitation of organisation-wide change management and will be responsible for the consultation, engagement, project management and overall achievement of our two-year Reconciliation Action Plan.
In this varied and purposeful position, you will have access to some project coordination support and will be a key driver in embedding the RAP initiatives across our geographically-dispersed and diverse organisation.
Your key responsibilities will to:
- Act as a central point of contact and coordination for all RAP commitments by working with each person/department responsible for actions and deliverables
- Maintain all implementation documentation and facilitate RAP reference group meetings and steering committee meetings
- Maintain all risk registers and project management documentation and external reporting to agencies (e.g. Reconciliation Australia)
- Manage all aspects of the budget and prepare relevant RAP documentation/material
- Maintain ongoing communication with the CEO, executive team and project stakeholders to inform and update them on current initiatives
- Prepare regular communication updates on behalf of the sponsor and key stakeholders
- Ensure change management plans are developed and the principles of the RAP are demonstrated through all RAP activities
- Track progress and manage key project related task and outcomes
Requirements for Success
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the historical and contemporary issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Significant experience or engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people, communities and networks
- A track record of success in project management/coordination as well as risk and assurance
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and relevant software programs such as Teams and MS Project
- Ability to work independently whilst managing a diverse workload and prioritising effectively to ensure timely and successful results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and present information well selecting the appropriate mediums
- Previous experience in successfully embedding a Reconciliation Action Plan across a large organisation is ideal
- A tertiary qualification or experience in human services, project management or a human services related discipline is desirable
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a national criminal history check. You will also require a current working with children check (you may have to apply for one if you do not already hold one). It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application or have any questions, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com or phone (02) 9217 1075.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more details about this opportunity, please refer to the Position Description via Position Description_RAP Officer.pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Wednesday 23 October 2019.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.