- 2x Fixed Term Permanent Full-time roles
- Dubbo (Central West NSW) location
- Homeless Youth Assistance Program (HYAP)
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 155 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
We are recruiting to support worker roles within our HYAP. HYAP supports children & young people aged 12 to 15 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and aims to ensure that young people have safe, supportive and nurturing living environments. Case workers support young people to develop age appropriate living skills, positively engage in education or training and also to strengthen connections with family and wider support networks. Case management through HYAP focus on individual case plan development with young people and can include the delivery of evidence based intervention programs to young people and their families.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responding to referrals from both internal and external stakeholders and completing initial suitability screening and intake with young people.
- Working with clients to create individualised case plans and coordinating referrals to supplementary services as needed.
- Providing ongoing case management to clients to achieve identified goals
- Delivery of individual or family based programs
- Supporting the accommodation needs of clients who enter the service, including the use of the no wrong door referral and advocacy.
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary Qualification and / or relevant experience in the human services industry.
- Knowledge and experience working with client issues relating to homelessness including domestic violence, substance abuse, mental health etc
- Computer literate in a windows environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Current NSW Driver’s License.
Each of the above criteria’s need to be addressed as part of application as well as the inclusion of a resume detailing experience and skills.
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check.
In addition, there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, please contact Linda Walsh on 02 68848526 or feel free to view the Job Description via - HYAP Support Worker - Dubbo - PD.docx
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Tuesday 22nd October, 2019.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.